Pre-operative Call Registered Nurse, Full-time, Part-Time
Short Hills Surgery Center, located in Millburn, New Jersey, is seeking a Pre-Op Call Registered Nurse to join our exceptional healthcare team. SHSC is a fast-paced, AAAHC-Certified state of the art facility! Our multi-specialty same-day surgery center has all the accreditations of a traditional hospital but we set a higher standard for physician and nursing care. The result: our high patient satisfaction scores and low infection rates. Our 25,000-square-foot facility features six major operating rooms, two minor surgery rooms, and 24 recovery beds, including four private rooms, all within an upscale, comfortable atmosphere.
This position is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, and current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications are required. Advanced certification and ambulatory experience preferred.
Essential, core functions of the Registered Nurse include:
- While providing care will be accountable for; documentation of all aspects of care per Center guidelines, demonstrate excellent skill and judgment, administration of medications, IVs and treatments, maintain patient safety and comfort, accurately implement physician orders, and accountable for clinical computer entry.
- Collaboration with members of the healthcare team to provide primary nursing care to patient case-load utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrating knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Ensuring documentation of all aspects of care as per Center’s and department guidelines.
- Complete annual mandatory educational programs as required.
Role-Specific, PACU (Pre and Post Anesthesia Care) RN job functions include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates knowledge of pre-admission testing guidelines, NPO guidelines, medical clearance needs, physician preference, policies and procedures
- Demonstrates skills and abilities to evaluate patient appropriateness for the ambulatory setting.
- Demonstrates effective time management by maintaining updated calls based upon the current patient schedule.
- Reviews all patient’s lab results, medical clearances, history and physicals, reporting all abnormal findings to anesthesia and documenting action taken.
- Provide age-appropriate patient education via telephone.
- Competently demonstrating patient care assessment skills of the pre-op/post-op surgical patient
- Effectively explain pre-op and/or post-op discharge instructions
Must be licensed by the State of New Jersey and have current BLS certification. ACLS and PALS certifications are required within 90 days of hire.
We offer competitive compensation and a friendly, dynamic work environment where employees are empowered to contribute to their own and company enrichment initiatives.
A competitive Health and Wellness Benefit Plan is available for the eligible candidate. Only candidates meeting eligibility requirements will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Short Hills Surgery Center, please send your resume for consideration to Claudette Fox at CFox@shorthillssc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.