At Short Hills Surgery Center, we recruit only the most qualified professionals to provide our patients with the highest quality of care.
We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
Pre-Op Call Registered Nurse
Short Hills Surgery Center is seeking a NJ-Licensed Full Time Pre-Op Calls Nurse for afternoon shift at Surgery Center (M-F 9:30-6pm). This position is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with 2 years in ambulatory care preferred. Bachelors in Nursing preferred, current BLS certification required, ACLS/PALS or equivalent preferred.
Essential, core functions of the Registered Nurse include:
- The pre-op call nurse serves as a licensed professional practitioner, using his/her skills and ability to review patient lab results, medical clearance, and history and physicals. The pre-op call nurse will maintain updated patient calls as well as keep the anesthesiologist informed of any abnormal findings.
- Complete annual mandatory educational programs as required.
Role-Specific, PACU (Pre and Post Anesthesia Care) RN job functions include but not limited to:
- Demonstrates knowledge of pre-admission testing guidelines, NPO guidelines, medical clearance needs, physician preferences, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of disease and/or age specific guidelines such as pediatric patients, diabetics, obese patients, patients over age 70, asthmatics, cardiac patients, etc.
- Demonstrates skills and abilities to evaluate patient appropriateness for ambulatory setting.
- Obtains and maintains updated schedules, phone messages, and faxes, reviewing them for optimal staffing and time efficiency.
- Reviews all patients’ lab results, medical clearances, history and physicals, and reports all abnormal findings to anesthesia, and documents the action taken.
- Provides age-appropriate patient education via telephone.
- Demonstrates the use of facility resources, personnel, and flow of a patient within the facility.
- Provides an organized and accurate document for inclusion in the medical record.
We offer competitive compensation based on experience and annual bonuses measured by overall performance. We offer a friendly, dynamic work environment where employees are empowered to contribute to their own and company enrichment initiatives.
Only candidates meeting eligibility requirements will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Short Hills Surgery Center, please send your resume for consideration to Claudette Fox at CFox@shorthillssc.com.
Click Below to View Our Other Job Openings!