Patient Admissions Representative, Full-Time
Short Hills Surgery Center, located in Millburn, N.J. is seeking a Patient Admissions Representative to join our exceptional healthcare team. SHSC is a fast-paced, AAAHC-Certified state of the art facility. Our multi-specialty same-day surgery center has all the accreditations of a traditional hospital, but we set a higher standard for physician and nursing care. The result: our high patient satisfaction scores and low infection rates. Our 25,000-square-foot facility features six major operating rooms, two minor surgery rooms, and 24 recovery beds, including four private rooms, all within an upscale, comfortable atmosphere.
A Full-Time position is available. A minimum of two years relevant experience is required. Ambulatory surgery experience is preferred. Hours of operation are 6:00am to 6:00pm Monday – Friday.
Essential functions include:
- Greet and screen all Patients, Visitors and Vendors and completes necessary paperwork.
- Take temperature of all Patients, Visitors, and Vendors to ensure they meet the required temperature under 100.4 degrees.
- Admits Patients in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner according to procedure.
- Gathers accurate and complete personal demographic information and insurance.
- Obtains signatures on legal forms as needed.
- Collect Patient payment and process accordingly.
- Notifies pre-operative area of patient’s arrival.
- Follow-up with families/caregivers, making them comfortable and keeping them informed.
- Courteously answers the telephone promptly, identifies self, takes accurate and detailed messages and communicates needs with healthcare team in a friendly manner.
- Screen/announce callers and route appropriately. Manage multiple calls efficiently.
- Prepare and assemble registration packets.
Other duties may include:
- Attends mandatory in house education programs/in-services, staff meetings on Emergency Plans/Procedures, Infection Control, Universal Precautions, Patient Rights, Child and Elder Abuse.
- Maintains office equipment and supplies.
- Provides training as needed to new employees.
Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and have two years of Business Office experience as well as computer and word processing skills.
We offer competitive compensation and a friendly, dynamic work environment where employees are empowered to contribute to their own and company enrichment initiatives.
A competitive Health and Wellness Benefit Plan is available for the eligible candidate. Only candidates meeting eligibility requirements will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Short Hills Surgery Center, please send your resume for consideration to Claudette Fox at CFox@shorthillssc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.