Operating Room R.N. Full-time, Part-time, Per Diem
Short Hills Surgery Center, located in Millburn, New Jersey, is seeking a NJ-licensed Operating Room Registered Nurse (OR-RN) Full-time, Part-time and Per Diem to join our exceptional healthcare team. SHSC is a fast-paced, AAAHC-Certified state of the art facility! Our multi-specialty same-day surgery center has all the accreditations of a traditional hospital, but we set a higher standard for physician and nursing care. The result: our high patient satisfaction scores and low infection rates. Our 25,000-square-foot facility features six major operating rooms, two minor surgery rooms, and 24 recovery beds, including four private rooms, all within an upscale, comfortable atmosphere.
This position is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, and current BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications are required. Advanced certification and ambulatory experience preferred.
Essential, core functions of the Registered Nurse include:
- While providing care will be accountable for; documentation of all aspects of care per Center guidelines, demonstrate excellent skill and judgment, administration of medications, maintain patient safety and comfort, accurately implement physician orders, and accountable for clinical computer entry.
- Collaboration with members of the healthcare team to provide primary nursing care to patient case-load utilizing the nursing process.
- Demonstrating knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient.
- Ensuring documentation of all aspects of care as per Center’s and department guidelines.
- Complete annual mandatory educational programs as required.
Role-Specific, Operating Room RN job functions include but not limited to:
- Perform all circulating duties with efficiency in a timely manner, provide appropriate supplies and equipment needed for procedures
- Identify patient, checking name, date of birth, and site verification
- Supervise and assist scrub technician, as necessary.
- Scrubs on surgical cases, as necessary.
- Position patient, prepare operative area, and adjust table to proper position according to standard policies
- Open all sterile packs and supplies according to sterile technique
- Assist surgeons, anesthesiologists, and other personnel as needed to ensure highest quality patient care
- Review surgeon’s preference cards for desired medications, implants, specialized instrumentation and equipment and verifies same with surgeon
- Provide organized progression of surgical schedule and notifies charge nurse of any changes.
Must be licensed by the State of New Jersey and have current BLS certification. ACLS and PALS certifications are required within 90 days of hire.
We offer competitive compensation and a friendly, dynamic work environment where employees are empowered to contribute to their own and company enrichment initiatives.
A competitive Health and Wellness Benefit Plan is available for the eligible candidate. Only candidates meeting eligibility requirements will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Short Hills Surgery Center, please send your resume for consideration to Claudette Fox at CFox@shorthillssc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.