Certified Scrub Technician Full-time, Part-time, Per Diem
Short Hills Surgery Center, located in Millburn, New Jersey, is seeking a Certified Scrub Technician, Full-time, Part-time and Per Diem to join our exceptional healthcare team. SHSC is a fast-paced, AAAHC-Certified state of the art facility! Our same-day surgery center has all the accreditations of a traditional hospital but we set a higher standard for physician and nursing care. The result: our high patient satisfaction scores and low infection rates. Our 25,000-square-foot facility features six major operating rooms, two minor surgery rooms, and 24 recovery beds, including four private rooms, all within an upscale, comfortable atmosphere.
This position is a great opportunity for the right candidate. A minimum of 2 years relevant experience and current BLS certification is required. Ambulatory experience preferred.
Essential, core functions of the Certified Scrub Technician include:
The Scrub/Surgical Technician utilizes surgical knowledge and training to provide accurate and efficient instrumentation in an aseptic environment. Under the supervision of the OR Nurse Manager, functions as a member of the surgical team to provide quality care. The Surgical Technician is expected to be able to work flexible hours.
Role-Specific, Certified Scrub Technician, job functions include but not limited to:
- Anticipate the needs of the surgeon collaborating with members of the surgical team to ensure the availability of adequate supplies
- Assists the surgeon at the sterile field maintaining strict aseptic technique
- Utilizes “time out” to verify patient name and site of surgery
- Demonstrates ability to open sterile supplies and move contents to sterile field properly
- Demonstrates competency in the use of all OR equipment
- Assists in the turnover of the rooms in order to maintain an efficient surgical schedule
- Appropriately manages the decontamination process of instruments/equipment at end of procedure utilizing PPE
- Restocks supplies, damp dusts equipment, shelving, and carts as directed
Must be certified by an accredited program and have current BLS certification.
We offer competitive compensation and a friendly, dynamic work environment where employees are empowered to contribute to their own and company enrichment initiatives.
A competitive Health and Wellness Benefit Plan is available for the eligible candidate. Only candidates meeting eligibility requirements will be contacted.
If you are interested in applying for a position at Short Hills Surgery Center, please send your resume for consideration to Claudette Fox at CFox@shorthillssc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.