Radiology Technician, Part-Time, Per Diem
Short Hills Surgery Center, located in Millburn, N.J. is seeking a Certified Radiology Technician to join our exceptional healthcare team. SHSC is a fast-paced, AAAHC-Certified state of the art facility. Our multi-specialty same-day surgery center has all the accreditations of a traditional hospital, but we set a higher standard for physician and nursing care. The result: our high patient satisfaction scores and low infection rates. Our 25,000-square-foot facility features six major operating rooms, two minor surgery rooms, and 24 recovery beds, including four private rooms, all within an upscale, comfortable atmosphere.
Part-Time and Per Diem positions are available. A minimum of two years relevant experience and current BLS is required. Ambulatory surgery experience is preferred. Hours of operation are 6:00am to 6:00pm Monday – Friday.
Essential functions include:
- Reviews schedule at the start of the day and prioritizes individual room needs.
- Damp dusts all Radiology Equipment and cleans x-ray gowns.
- Ensures appropriate supplies and equipment are ready and available for scheduled procedures
- Ensures equipment is in proper working condition prior to patient being brought into the OR.
- Determines exposure factors to obtain optimum imaging for individual patients
- Sets up x-ray equipment according to side/body part.
- Practices radiation protection for patients and assures radiation safety for staff
- Positions patient on the OR table for proper angle/rotation of C-arm to obtain proper view
- Processes fluoroscopy images
- Demonstrates knowledge of radiology procedure regarding paperwork/form
- Demonstrates correct use of the OR table, Pain table, Jackson table.
- Assures that all necessary positioning devices are in the OR prior to the start of the procedure.
- Assumes responsibility for managing appropriate supplies and equipment in room for scheduled surgical procedure
- Coordinates with Material Manager to maintain high standards and quality in the materials used.
- Terminally clean radiology equipment at end of day.
Other duties may include:
- Attends mandatory in house education programs/in-services, staff meetings on Emergency Plans/Procedures, Infection Control, Universal Precautions, Patient Rights, Child and Elder Abuse.
- Maintains QA for Radiology Department: daily warm-up and inspection, phantom images and quarterly QA testing/logs
- Radiation Safety Officer: communicates/distributes all NJ DEP and related regulations pertaining to radiation safety and imaging equipment operation to employees
- Reviews/distributes/collects radiation monitoring devices monthly to all personnel.
- Reviews radiation monitoring reports and distributing monthly to all personnel.
- Investigates any radiation exposures that are out of limits for monthly, quarterly, or yearly time periods.
- Identifies potentially hazardous issues related to radiation safety.
- Provides training as needed to new employees.
Must be a high school graduate or equivalent and possess a current Radiology Technician Certification.
We offer competitive compensation and a friendly, dynamic work environment where employees are empowered to contribute to their own and company enrichment initiatives.
A competitive Health and Wellness Benefit Plan is available for the eligible candidate. Only candidates meeting eligibility requirements will be contacted.
I If you are interested in applying for a position at Short Hills Surgery Center, please send your resume for consideration to Claudette Fox at CFox@shorthillssc.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.